Friday, June 01, 2007

Closer To the lung


The sweet lips of summer drip with anticipation.

I don't seem to be inclined to write about particular events these days... I rather prefer to to write in a sort of descriptive ambiance. I think that my brain may also be processing thoughts in a relatively similar manner. Of course, by describing this to you I am neglecting my desire in a most paradoxical way, but ignore that.

I don't think as a child I truly appreciated summer as I do now. I mean I loved the 'not having school' part of it, and the water fights, and the urine drinking competitions, but honestly, who didn't?

But seriously, I am an avid admirer of all the seasons, for they're respective benefits, but god, Summer, like fuck! just the smell of the nights, the scent of all those thriving flowers calmly swirling through the air. The warmth in which you can wear nothing and still be perfectly comfortable. Or the fact that almost any deftones song fits so perfectly with the vibe of the repeatedly sweet and soothing nights.

It will make you smile.

4 Comments:

Blogger MilliVanilli said...

Perhaps, if I listened to Deftones I'd kow what you mean. Well I do know what you mean, but it's more like Jack Johnson for me... and his songs fit the afternoons better than the evenings. By the way, your page is really really cool, but I suppose I shouldn't expect any less from you.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

look at this, it's been entertaining me for like 20 minutes.
http://www.jacksonpollock.org

5:00 PM  
Blogger bythedrift said...

thanks meg.

Wow nicole that is trippy cool, thats the name of that guy that does art with things that you were talking about, right?

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm no, i think the guy i was talking about is called christo. the one who does the art with fabric?
his website is really sweet, you can see photos of all the exhibits he's done since like... 1960?

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home